Hosting A Course
We can travel anywhere in the world to teach a class, we just need a host! And the best part? NO charge to host, we will even comp you a spot in class.
Ready to schedule a class? Please read the requirements below, and then contact us with the potential dates you have in mind!
What We Require
Indoor location - arena, barn, shelter - we can teach in just about any size area, but do need a place to get out of the elements. If one is not available, please send us an email or call us and we can discuss options- we are committed to making things work if need be!
2. Area for the powerpoint portion of the course - coffee room, classroom, viewing area or corner of the barn - we require an area to plug in our powerpoint projector, and for students to be able to sit down - chairs or hay bales will do! If this is not available, we can easily provide the slides in handout format.
3. Equines! We will work with your horses - any age, any breed, any size. We require 1 horse for every 4 students (20 students per class on average but can work with a group of up to 40 if there are adequate space and horses). We do ask that you choose horses that will prove safe to work with for the students, recognizing that horses are living, breathing, reacting animals.
4. Minimum Class Size- if traveling out of our home area, we will need a minimum number of paid class participants before we can commit, to make sure we can cover travel fees, transportation, lodging, and food. Please contact us for details.
What We Provide
An Equi-Health Canada / Equi-First Aid USA LLC certified instructor. All instructors are insured and have extensive equine backgrounds and are highly experienced in equine emergency first aid.
All learning materials - wound gel, bandages, vet wrap, weight tape, thermometers, sprayers, stethoscopes, etc.
3. Certificates of completion for all attendees.
4. First aid manuals for all attendees.
5. Normal vs. Abnormal charts for all attendees.
6. Course listing on website (where appropriate for public courses)